08 January 2013

Words of Joy


1/26/2012...
"15). god is a multi-tasker and has got it under control, you’ve just got to calm down and trust him"

Wise words from a sweet friend. Liz, you may not look at your blog anymore, but apparently I do. It's bookmarked on my iPad and sometimes I read it because I can head you saying everything on there with such pure joy and it makes me smile.

I am thankful for these words and their simple reminders. Thankful for the truth that is in them... That our hearts are constantly being worked on, constantly being prepared for the many journeys we don't even know we are going on.

Today I could feel lazy and down. I didn't leave the house until after my sister was home from school, I didn't shower, I picked up pizza for dinner...

But I also go to talk to Tricia and Anna. I got to laugh with my sister. I got to watch my brother perplexed by the Kinect. I got to drink hot chocolate out of my mug from Devin and watch three episodes of Fringe. I got to have raw, honest, loving conversation with Caty. I got to pick up things at the store for people in Ghana that I love and can't wait to see.

I think I'll call today pretty successful. Instead of "waiting around" for 34 hours to head to California, I think I'll put on a smile and cherish the time in this city. Who knows when it will come again!

I think I'll choose to calm down and trust Him. Why wouldn't I?

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and the next few weeks ahead of you. God is your strength.
    Miss you...

    ReplyDelete