07 January 2013

Returning to Ghana

In one week I will be about to land in Frankfurt, Germany on my way back to Ghana! I have the opportunity to spend a few hours with Anna Richter around the Frankfurt airport before I will hop back on one final plane.

I have done most of my visiting, storytelling, listening, and "see you soon"'s. I have talked and loved and been loved on and ate... Boy have I eaten on this trip. But I don't know if I've really processed yet.

Tonight I finally got around to putting up pictures on Facebook, since I figured out how to make the internet work again on my laptop. Looking through the pictures of the kids and seeing their sweet faces... Oh how I can't wait to go back and hold them all!

Bismark... I just can't resist this little face!
This trip has been kind of a blur of faces and thoughts, all focused on the fact that soon, I will be back in Ghana... Back with these kids who have captured my heart... Back to a place that is far away from the country I have called home my whole life.

I will return to the States in June to start applying for jobs.. I have a lot of financial aid debt to get settled, and that involves a number of years (5+) working in the States. We'll see where God takes me from there, but for now I will keep praying that my heart is truly changed by the things I am experiencing in our broken, fragile world.


No comments:

Post a Comment