07 January 2013

Spokaloo


Thank you, girls, for making ice skating come true! :)
December 16, 11:00am --> Arrive in Seattle
December 18, 9:30am --> Leave for Spokane!

I lasted less than 48 hours in Seattle before jetting off to Spokane to spend six glorious days with some of my favorite people from college! This time included ice skating, coffee with my supervisor, coffee with my pastor, coffee with Devin, coffee with Tricia (do you see a pattern?), dinner with the Compound boys, a night at O'Dohertys, Twigs dinner with Tric & Dev & Cory, Zumba, sleepover at Margo's house with Caty, a Sunday morning at Branches, time with the Parlange boys (who I nannied for 6 months... They are getting so big!), and lots of simple living and loving... It was beautiful. Thank you so much, Shell Cottage (Tricia, Devin, and Taylor) for letting me crash on your couch.

Highlight of the week: Getting to tell Tricia that I would be able to come to her & Jesse's wedding :)

This community is what I miss most in post-college life... The listening ear of Devin, the made up songs with Tricia, the meals shared with friends who have stuck through the good and the bad, the not-so-surprising run-in with people you know at Starbucks, Branches and the love it has shown me... Even though I know that my life in Spokane isn't there anymore, and would still be so different if I were there again this year, I do greatly miss the stability and love that my four years at Whitworth held for me. So thankful that this place will be a part of me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment