05 June 2013

Preparing for a New Chapter

I leave Ghana in less than 4 days.
My heart is not ready... I don't think it ever would be, no matter when I was leaving.

Not ready to leave Gamali hugs... Florence tackles... DK jokes... Mary hugs (and squirms at kisses)... Malvin kissing my feet when they're clean... Autumn laughter, songs, and silliness... Emily love, energy, and growth... Bible study heart challenges... muddy roads... art markets... trips to Accra... Sunday church gatherings... Bismark finally able to spell his last name... Rosemary sassiness... Paul sarcasm (with lots of hidden love in it)... Not ready to leave Ghana.

My prayer for this week is feeling... I don't want to be numb... I want to revel in the pain and cry at the heartache. I want to leave this place knowing that it loved me well, and I did my best to love it well in return... But it hurts deep.

God, this life is not my own... I give it to you out of thanks for your grace... I pray that you will meet me in these depths, not to pull me out, but to walk alongside me, feeling every last bit of the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment