18 January 2012

Bread Bowl: Check

"Well you know the routine so I think I'll just observe today."

Always the words you want to hear come out of a substitute's mouth early in the morning... I kind of went into today expecting that the sub would want me to do everything (since he didn't really do anything yesterday either) and that was exactly how it played out. Thank goodness I only had 8 kids there today because my sassy ones were extra sassy (one even threw up in the morning, or at least so she says...) and the good ones kept saying "Why do they keep being bad today? Do they want to get in trouble when Ms T gets back tomorrow?" It was a pretty hectic day but we made some progress and I "taught" and we'll see if anyone can tell still me what a mixture is tomorrow! I was very glad when 1:50 came today.

One of the best things about today was that all day I had the thought of "Fisherman's Wharf after school for jewelry shopping and a clam chowder bread bowl" on my mind all day! I was so excited to finally get my bread bowl here, I have been waiting all trip for this. It was so delicious, but I don't think I need another one while I am here! That thing was hearty. I also got to spend time with Caty, Danielle, and Liz afterwards too at the Wharf which was great to slow down a little and enjoy their company.

Two more days until I go meet up with Devin and Lynne Lynne Corn Dog! I can't wait to spend a weekend in Napa relaxing, watching TV, and spending quality time with people... And hopefully redeeming myself in some cribbage games :)
The current count on the trip: Caty - 5. Me - 0. It's bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment