24 September 2012

Thankful


Today was my first day doing special ed testing here! A lot of what I am going to be doing is explicit phonics instruction, because letter-sound correspondence is really challenging for kids here, especially the ones who have not been to school before. But I am so excited and thankful to be out of second grade and starting with a new slate!
This weekend I got the chance to go with Holly, Rosemary, Paul, and the Beebe family to a local river and spend the day swimming, going off the rope swing, and doing a little shopping at the nearby market. It was such a fun day and a huge blessing to be able to take some space from City of Refuge and just go laugh. Holly had me a little afraid that my legs were going to get bit by a crocodile, but we didn’t even have any fish sightings!
We haven’t had a 5-day school week yet so this week may prove to be very long, but I am hoping my classroom will get cleared out (all of the library shelves have been built in my classroom so there is wood and wood shavings all over) and I can actually start putting it to use!
PS- Thank you, Lisa Laurier, for having such a helpful textbook from your class! I had to level a book today and it was so nice to have the book with me! It’s already been used so much and I haven’t even started teaching yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment