15 September 2013

These are a few of my favorite things.

I hear the bright yellow kettle on the stove, starting to hum quietly, not yet screeching...
I think of Callie Gordon, who pushes me to choose yellow... to choose happy... to choose life.

I decide it's time to get the hot chocolate ready... Which mug should I use tonight?
My Scrabble mug from Randi?
The mug Caty gave me for my birthday from her favorite coffee shop in Chehalis?
The one I received from Anna as a bridesmaid gift (that I accidentally ruined in the dishwasher but I can't bear to part with)?

I finally decide on the one from my mom, just for a little taste of home tonight. But all of them make me smile and reminisce, each paired with a sweet memory.
I have lesson plans waiting to be made, a cold rushing its way through my body, a brain that feels foggy, the Seahawks live updates coming to me on my phone...
But all I can focus on is the song stuck in my head.

"Christ alone, cornerstone.
Weak made strong, in the savior's blood.
Through the storm, He is Lord, Lord of all."

As the apartment lays quiet, I reflect on the day. The Skype session I got to have with Anna. The friends I sat next to at church tonight. The students I will have with me each day this week. The life that, two months ago, didn't even exist in this city...

I sit in awe at His faithfulness. His provision. His great and mighty love. Lord, may I lay it all at your feet... Continue to guide me closer and closer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment